This year's edition of the report analyzes the responses obtained from 115 Polish medical startups. This makes 41 entities more than in the previous survey.
Almost 90% of the respondents observed the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on their activities to a moderate or significant degree, both in a positive and negative way.
The negative effects of the pandemic on the medtech sector include:
- directing significant human and financial resources to the diagnosis and treatment of SARS-CoV-2, at the expense of other diseases and fields of medicine,
- more difficult obtaining of financing due to limited opportunities for face-to-face meetings,
- delays in the implementation of clinical trials.
However, the surveyed entities also indicated some positive effects caused by the pandemic situation, such as:
- popularisation of telemedicine,
- progressive digitisation of healthcare providers and greater openness to innovation,
- significant growth of the diagnostic services sector,
- breaking down barriers to online medical education.
The report in English is available free of charge on the Polish Hospital Federation web page.